Sunday, February 10, 2008

Exploring!

This week’s subject is exploring. Maybe the first thing that comes to our mind after hearing this word is people who explore the world like that guy who climbed Mount Everest. Despite of this fact, I would like to look at this subject from another point of view. For this, I better explain from a bit earlier.
Last week, after we got our grades for our first essay, I was upset. I expected a better mark than what I got and as a result I was thinking this semester I might not be able to achieve 85% that we need. Well, I was thinking with myself about this issue that night. Then, I got to this point that I want to live the rest of my life in this language. My ultimate goal is way beyond this 85%. I want to explore English and learn it not only for university but for living in this language. So, from that moment my perspective about the whole EAP program has been changed. Now, I am here to learn and enjoy and as long as I am learning I do not care about anything else. That is my point of view about exploring!!! ;) That would be nice to know about your opinion guys.

This is a funny video that I hope you enjoy,

How Long can you Hold your Breath?


11 comments:

Behzad said...

Hi man, I like your writings generally and I always read your blogs. But, I can feel how boring is to write about a specific topic in our blogs. I am really glad that Scott didn't force us to write about what he say to us. I believe that we should be allowed to write about whatever we want. We study every day grammar rules and writing regulations and I think that would be enough for our academic skills. so,.... Finally If I tell someone to write about something I will definitely take a look at it and probably I will leave a short comment there .

David Sun said...

yap man, our first essays' marks were all not good. So we should work harder and harder. furthermore, I like this video though i have seen it before~

imade.act said...

to be honest with u, I prefer playing soccer instead of editing..hohohoho

I will see u tomorrow man, keep writing blogs, I will read it..hohohoh

Lisa said...

the video is rrrrreally funny, i think i have watched it when i was in china~~~~

Scott Douglas said...

Hey, I really like your new attitude about EAP. We are all explorers . . . you are exploring English, but I am exploring new ways of trying to teach English. Sometimes I fail, and sometimes I succeed, but I never give up the search!

dana said...

This is really a very nice video. I believe that a lot of girls do this technique to look …..

Keep posting new videos

Nahid said...

Hi Amin!

Hope you had a successful exams!

Congratulations for your new exploration!
;)
Good luck!
:)

We will,we will rock U!! said...

Amin!! I really, really hate the fact that we must write about a fixed topic without any reasons.

Therefore, I either write a little bit about it or write something that covered the words in the topic.

We will,we will rock U!! said...

Anyway, I like that funny video!!!!!

Abdulmohsen's said...

hi man

HaVe FuN

hjm.huang said...

Scott said I should write something to make you blog.
Then....
Blog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!