Saturday, March 29, 2008

Poker


Have you ever played Poker?!? Well, I know it is gambling and not a good thing to do but I really like it. Among card games it is my favourite game. In Iran, we usually play 5 cards draw, while in Canada people, mostly prefer Texas Holdem Poker. In Texas Holdem poker, each player receives 2 cards. Then they start to bet for the first time. After that, dealer shows 3 cards. The players bet again, of course some of them might fold. Then 1 card is showed again, another betting and finally the last card from dealer and final bets. I know it sound strange and complicated, but it is easier than it sound. I do know if you know the order of hand or not. In Texas Holdem it is like this: (from worst to best!)

- nothing!! It is none of the below so it is nothing. In this situation the high card wins.
- Pair. 2 from one thing, for example two 10 or two jacks.
- 2 pairs. Two set of pairs. For example two 5 and two kings.
- 3 of a kind. For example three 8 or three queens.
- Straight. For example 7,8,9,10 and jack.
- Flash. All from a same sign. For example all heart or spade.
- Full house. It is the combination of 3 of a kind and a pair. For example three 2 with two 7.
- 4 of a kind. For example four aces.
- Straight flash. Be straight and flush at a same time. For example 10,J,Q,K and Ace of Spade. ( this hand is the best hand, it is called royal flash)
I do not want to encourage anyone to gamble, but I think this game is really enjoyable. Anyway, cya.

1 comment:

joanna said...

We play country in my home country too. But in a different way.