Monday, April 7, 2008

Small/Big World

Have you ever heard that people say “it is a very small world?” they usually say that when something strange with a very low probability happens. Few days ago I was in service stop of our university. As you all know, you need to obtain a ticket before you can go in. I was sitting there waiting for my turn when I saw a very familiar face who was getting his ticket from that special device. I went closer and kind of stared at him! Then he saw me and I saw the surprise in his face and became sure. He was my friend in high school and I have not seen him for more than 5 or 6 years. Then suddenly we saw each other thousands of kilometers far from home in Calgary! It was really strange for me and I got to the point that it is a small world.
Another thing that I would like to talk about this time is, Calgary is a small place! It is very rare that you go out on Friday or Saturday and you do not see anyone that you know, especially if you use C-train. If you want to go out with someone secretly and no one see you, you better forget about most places in downtown. I will talk about this subject in future. For now, that’s all.

No comments: